Trailer 2- Pick Your Own Apples with Tractor Ride
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Darkes Forest, NSW
- Product code: PYOAPPT1
!!!!!PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BEFORE BOOKING!!!!!
IMPORTANT COVID-19 NOTE RE: SEATING ARRANGEMENTS ON THE TRACTOR TRAILERS:
- You are purchasing a seated row.
- Each row is to be occupied by people from the same household or close contacts.
- Two groups (trailers) each of 30 people will be taken into the orchard at each time slot.
- Please see images for a guide on seating rows/Orchard Explorer trailer configuration.
WHAT IS THIS ACTIVITY?This is an apple picking experience! Fruit picking is a perfect activity for everyone!
After greeting you and a brief safety induction, we will drive you into the orchard on our 'Orchard Explorer' tractor train. In the orchard we'll share our secrets of how to find and pick the best apples, then leave you to wander the rows and pick your own (while munching on some fresh from the tree)! In April we are picking Pink Lady Apples!!
Make sure you bring your camera to take some stunning photos to remember for years to come - why not make a tradition out of it and return year after year to see the family grow!
Or, plan a cute date with your special someone - we are sure it will be a memorable one! This is also a popular activity to do with groups of friends - get a group together, pick some fruit then relax on our lawn out the front of the Apple Shack with a DARKES Cider in hand!
When you're finished, you'll hop back on the Orchard Explorer and come back to our farm shop The Apple Shack. Take your fruit home to eat fresh, bake into a delicious pie, make some jam or even better - share with your family and friends!
This is a real working orchard with a real history - we're now 6 generations strong! We are real farmers. This is your opportunity to enter the orchard, and pick our brains (as well as our fruit!) so come prepared with your questions. Our friendly family and staff will answer all of your questions, and if we don't know the answer we will find out from someone who does!
The pick your own experience is planned to be around 1.5 hours. Please do however allow extra time. Please wear comfortable closed in shoes (no thongs or sandals).
ON THE DAY CHECKLIST! (Use this checklist on the day to make sure you have everything)
- Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the advertised start time to complete check in and induction.
- Everyone must be logged in using the Service NSW COVID Safe QR code before the tour commences.
- Everyone must wear closed in shoes (no thongs or sandals)
- Phone/camera with a full battery and plenty of storage for photos
- Wet weather gear + jumper + sunscreen packed just incase the weather changes
- Water bottle - we could previously offer water in the orchard however due to COVID risks we cannot offer it at this time
- Mask packed if you wish to wear one on the day.
- Extra bags so everyone has their own bag to pick into (and also incase you want to pick loads of fruit!). There are two DARKES branded calico bags included with each row purchased (extra DARKES calico bags will be for sale at the Apple Shack on the day).
- List of questions to ask!
- You are booking an entire row that can hold up to five people, or a double row that can hold up to 10 people, not a single seat. Prices are for up to five people ($60), or up to ten people ($120). A baby is not counted and can sit on your lap.
- We are on a strict time schedule and the experience will begin at the advertised start time - if you are late we cannot catch you up. Please plan to arrive 15 mins earlier than the advertised activity start time. We cannot give refunds for being late.
- Upon arrival, we will greet you and take you through a brief safety induction and bio security check. You are then given your allocated seat and we will drive to the picking spot for the day.
- Payment for fruit picked will be at the end of the tour, and will be charged at market rate. Tap and go payment preferred.
- Our activities run in most weather conditions, so make sure you bring weather appropriate clothing (it can be wet or hot even when not forecast).
- If we need to cancel due to adverse weather conditions (or any unforeseen circumstances such as fire risk, etc), you will be contacted ASAP and a full refund will be issued.
- Please follow all directions on the day, including adhering to our COVID-Safe instructions. Please see below for a list of our procedures.
Our COVID safe procedures for this activity include:
- Two separate groups (trailers) of 30 people will be taken into the orchard at each time slot.
- Use of hand sanitiser on entry to the Orchard Explorer tractor trailers.
- Only members of the same household or those who are close contacts to occupy each row on Orchard Explorer tractor trailers.
- Each row grouping on the Orchard Explorer will be 1.5m from another row.
- Participants are to stay seated in their allocated rows throughout the transport time. Changing of rows is not permitted.
- Participants are to re-enter the same seating row upon the conclusion of picking.
- Participants are asked to keep 1.5m from other members in the group (members of your household are OK).
- We encourage participants to wear a mask, especially on our Orchard Explorer tractor trailer.
- Tap and go payment method preferred.
- Participants are asked not to visit us if they have been overseas, have had contact with someone infected with COVID-19, have visited a known hotspot area in the past 14 days or have experienced any symptoms of illness in the last 14 days. If you are ill and need to cancel you will be given a refund minus the booking fee. Please contact us immediately if you fall into this category by phoning the Apple Shack shop on (02)4294 3421.
If you choose to cancel 48 hrs or more before the activity, a refund minus the booking fee will be issued. If you choose to cancel within 48 hrs of the activity commencing you will forfeit any fee paid and will not receive a refund.
If NSW Government COVID-19 Safe compliance rules change at any time prior to the commencement of the experience, we reserve the right to modify the way we run the experience to comply with Government regulations or cancel the activity all together.
If we choose to cancel the activity you will receive a full refund.
Participants are asked not to visit us if they have been overseas, have had contact with someone infected with COVID-19, have visited a known hotspot area in the past 14 days or have experienced any symptoms of illness in the last 14 days. If you are ill and need to cancel you will be given a refund minus the booking fee. Please contact us immediately if you fall into this category by phoning the Apple Shack shop on (02)4294 3421.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com with the subject ‘Tour Question’.