Junior Honey Bee Keeper Experience
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Darkes Forest, NSW
- Product code: PYOAPPT1
DUE TO COVID 19 LOCKDOWN RESTRICTIONS THIS ACTIVITY IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD. YOU CANNOT BOOK AT THIS TIME.SESSIONS WILL BECOME AVAILABLE WHEN COVID RESTRICTIONS LIFT.
WHAT IS THIS ACTIVITY?Participate with your children in a 1.5 hour bee experience.
We will be working with real hives, real equipment and real bees in a safe way.
This is a very specialised experience and not normally available. It’s pretty much a first for us to be able to offer this very immersive experience.
Children will not just get up close to a working beehive. They will extract honey from frames from the beehive. They will taste honey straight from the extraction. We will see the bees and the queen in safety doing their daily chores. To round off the experience, after learning about the bees, the hives and honey you will go on a tractor ride through the orchard to see a field of beehives.
You will be with real bee keepers on the day and family members from our farm.
The pick your own experience is planned to be around 1.5 hours. Please wear comfortable closed in shoes (no thongs or sandals).
- Please plan to arrive at least 20 minutes before the advertised start time to complete check in and complete payment. We are on a strict time schedule and the experience will begin at the advertised start time - if you are late we cannot catch you up. We cannot give refunds for being late.
- Everyone must be logged in using the Service NSW COVID Safe QR code before the tour commences.
- Everyone must wear closed in shoes (no thongs or sandals)
- Wet weather gear + jumper + sunscreen packed just incase the weather changes
- Mask packed if you wish to wear your own on the day (We will issue every participant with a mask).
- Our activities run in most weather conditions, so make sure you bring weather appropriate clothing (it can be wet or hot even when not forecast).
- If we need to cancel due to changed COVID NSW Government directives, adverse weather conditions (or any unforeseen circumstances such as fire risk, etc), you will be contacted ASAP and a full refund will be issued.
- Please follow all directions on the day, including adhering to our COVID-Safe instructions.
- Yes - you can use your Nsw discover vouchers to go towards payment on the day!
YES YOU CAN CHOOSE TO PAY ON THE DAY , we have set this up so you can choose to pay a deposit and balance on day. Prior to the session start.
- Yes - you can use your NSW Discover vouchers to go towards payment on the day!
Your balance of $25 per person can be paid on site with cash, card or presentation of your valid NSW Discover Voucher.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 NOTE:
- Following updated health advice from the Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant about the growing risk to the community, we regret that we cannot take those who live in, or whose usual place of work is in, Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick and City of Sydney Councils on this experience.
- We will be following health advice in regard to social distancing and wearing of masks during this activity and group size will be limited.
Our COVID safe procedures for this activity include:
- 50% capacity on our tractor train.
- Use of hand sanitiser on entry to the Orchard Explorer tractor train.
- Participants are to stay seated in their allocated rows throughout the transport time. Changing of rows is not permitted.
- Participants are asked to keep 1.5m from other members in the group (members of your household are OK).
- Masks are mandatory unless you have an official exemption or are 2years old and under.
- Tap and go payment method preferred.
- Participants are asked not to visit us if they have been overseas, have had contact with someone infected with COVID-19, have visited a known hotspot area in the past 14 days or have experienced any symptoms of illness in the last 14 days. If you are ill and need to cancel you will be given a refund minus the booking fee. Please contact us immediately if you fall into this category by phoning the Apple Shack shop on (02)4294 3421.
If you choose to cancel 48 hrs or more before the activity, a refund minus the booking fee will be issued. If you choose to cancel within 48 hrs of the activity commencing you will forfeit any fee paid and will not receive a refund.
If NSW Government COVID-19 Safe compliance rules change at any time prior to the commencement of the experience, we reserve the right to modify the way we run the experience to comply with Government regulations or cancel the activity all together.
If we choose to cancel the activity you will receive a full refund.
Participants are asked not to visit us if they have been overseas, have had contact with someone infected with COVID-19, have visited a known hotspot area in the past 14 days or have experienced any symptoms of illness in the last 14 days. If you are ill and need to cancel you will be given a refund minus the booking fee. Please contact us immediately if you fall into this category by phoning the Apple Shack shop on (02)4294 3421.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Tour Question’.